This tart and bubbly cranberry prosecco cocktail is the perfect drink to celebrate the holiday season. It's easy to prepare and the cranberry syrup can be made ahead of time if you're entertaining.
Why You'll Love This Prosecco and Cranberry Recipe
- Naturally gluten free and dairy free.
- Easy to make.
- Can be prepared ahead of time.
- Perfect flavors for the holiday season.
How to Make a Cranberry Prosecco Cocktail
Step 1 - Combine the water, sugar and cranberries in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the cranberries pop and the mixture turns sort of jammy.
Step 2 - Strain the cranberry mixture through a mesh sieve. Let syrup cool to room temperature.
Step 3 - Add cranberry syrup and lime juice to your glass and top with chilled prosecco.
To Make Ahead
You can prepare the cranberry syrup up to three days in advance of serving. After the sieving step, transfer the cranberry syrup to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
If you love holiday recipes, check out these great posts!
To pin this recipe for later, click the save button on any image in this post or the recipe card. Please tag me @wellfedbaker on Instagram if you make this recipe!
Cranberry Prosecco Cocktail
- ½ Cup Cranberries
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Water
- 2 teaspoon Lime Juice
- 1 Prosecco
- Combine the sugar, water and cranberries in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until simmering. Stir occasionally. Continue to cook about 10 minutes until cranberries have popped and the mixture has become syrup like.
- Remove cranberries from heat. Strain through a mesh sieve, pressing the cranberries with a spatula to get all of the juice. Let syrup cool to room temperature.
- Place 2 tablespoon of cranberry syrup and ½ teaspoon of lime juice into a glass. Top with chilled prosecco.