Fun fact: The first ever recipe card I added to my recipe box was for a fruit dip very similar to this. We made it in my home economics class in high school and it was so good I wanted to save the recipe forever. The original recipe was not dairy free, so I did a little tweaking to arrive at this recipe. This dairy free fruit dip is perfect for your next fruit tray. It goes great with all fruits from sweet to sour and it only takes five minutes to make!
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we will send it straight to your inbox!
You will also be added to our weekly email list.
Why You'll Love This Dairy Free Fruit Dip
- It goes great with all sorts of fruit.
- It only takes 5 minutes to make.
- It's gluten free and dairy free, plus it can easily be made vegan.
- Vegan Cream Cheese - Miyokos brand is my favorite, but any vegan cream cheese will work in this recipe.
- Dairy Free Whipped Cream - I like Coco Whip, but you can also whip your own dairy free cream.
- Honey - For vegan fruit dip, replace with maple syrup.
- Lemon Juice - for a sweeter dip replace with vanilla.
See recipe card for full ingredient list with quantities.
Substitutions & Variations
- Not Dairy Free - Use dairy cream cheese and whipped cream in the same measure.
- Make it Vegan - Replace honey with maple syrup.
- Make it sweeter - Replace lemon juice with vanilla.
How to Make Fruit Dip
This fruit dip is so easy to make, you'll be signing up for the fruit tray for every potluck and cookout.
STEP 1: Add the vegan cream cheese, honey and lemon juice to the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.
STEP 2: Add the whipped cream and poppy seeds.
STEP 3: Fold everything together with a spatula until it's evenly mixed.
This dip can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Give the dip a stir before serving.
It's perfect to make ahead for your next get together.
Yes! All of the ingredients are gluten free.
If you're looking for ideas for leftover fruit, check out these great recipes!
If you try this recipe, please leave a 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 star rating and let me know how you liked it in the comments below.
Easy Dairy Free Fruit Dip Without Marshmallow Cream
- 8 ounces Vegan Cream Cheese room temperature
- 2 Tablespoon Honey
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 8 ounces Vegan Whipped Cream
- 1 teaspoon Poppyseeds
- Combine the cream cheese, lemon juice and honey in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until smooth.8 ounces Vegan Cream Cheese, 2 Tablespoon Honey, ½ teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Add the whipped cream and poppyseeds. Fold together with a spatula until evenly mixed.8 ounces Vegan Whipped Cream, 1 teaspoon Poppyseeds
- Serve with fresh fruit.
Tiffany is the recipe developer, stylist and food photographer behind Well Fed Baker. As a lifelong baker who had to go gluten free and dairy free in 2016, Tiffany strives to share allergen friendly recipes that never feel like they are free from anything.