If a gluten free graham cracker crust filled with creamy peanut butter mousse and topped with a rich chocolate ganache sounds delicious, then this easy no bake gluten free peanut butter pie will knock your socks off. Let's not forget the peanut butter cups - they really push this dessert to the next level.
This no bake pie is great year round. Peanut butter and chocolate never go out of style! But we love to enjoy it around the holidays when oven space is in high demand. If you love no bake pies, check out my easy grasshopper pie or my no bake blueberry cheesecake.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we will send it straight to your inbox!
You will also be added to our weekly email list.
- Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crust - Use my recipe or your favorite store brought crust.
- Vegan Cream Cheese - I use Miyokos brand, but any vegan cream cheese will work. If you're not dairy free, use regular cream cheese in the same measure.
- Peanut Butter - use your favorite brand.
- Powdered Sugar
- Vegan Whipped Cream - I use Coco whip in all of my recipes. You can certainly made homemade whipped cream to use here, but make sure to use a stabilizer. If you're not dairy free, use regular Cool Whip.
- Non-Dairy Heavy Cream - I use Silk brand, which behaves very much like regular heavy cream. You could also use full fat coconut milk. If you're not dairy free, use heavy whipping cream.
- Allergen Friendly Chocolate Chips - I recommend Nestle Allergy Friendly Chips or Enjoy Life Brand Chocolate Chips.
- Peanut Butter Cups - Full sized Reese's peanut butter cups are gluten free and widely available. However, if you're also dairy free I'd recommend either Unreal brand or Justin's peanut butter cups. (This link is for a multi-pack, but I find them at both Target and Whole Foods)
See recipe card for quantities.
Substitutions & Variations
- Crust - Replace the graham cracker crust with a regular pie crust or a gluten free oreo pie crust for more chocolate!
- Peanut Butter - Replace peanut butter with almond butter, cashew butter or sunflower seed butter. Use alternative nut butter cups or leave them out of the recipe.
- Replace the chocolate ganache with more whipped cream topping and sprinkle the peanut butter cups over the whipped cream.
How to Make a Gluten Free Peanut Butter Pie
STEP 1: Combine cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar in a large bowl.
STEP 2: Beat with a handheld mixer until evenly mixed.
STEP 3: Add the whipped cream to the peanut butter mixture and gently fold together until incorporated.
STEP 4: Add 1 cup of chopped peanut butter cups to your peanut butter mousse. Gently fold together.
STEP 5: Spread the peanut butter filling into your prepared graham cracker crust and chill for at least 4 hours.
STEP 6: Prepare a chocolate ganache and pour it over the chilled pie. Spread it into an even layer. Then sprinkle with the remaining peanut butter cups.
Wrap this pie with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
You can also freeze this pie if you want to make it ahead of time. I suggest freezing it without the chocolate topping because it will become too hard to cut. You can defrost the pie overnight in the refrigerator and add the chocolate ganache right before serving.
The filling in peanut butter pie is a combination of peanut butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and whipped cream.
You definitely can. The flavor won't be as strong as the peanut butter since almond is a little milder. When I substitute a mild nut butter like almond or cashew, I like to mix them half and half with sunbutter to get that roasted nut flavor.
More no-bake recipes:
If you try this recipe, please leave a 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 star rating and let me know how you liked it in the comments below.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Pie
- Combine cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar in a large bowl. Use a handheld electric mixer to beat the ingredients until they are well mixed, about 2 minutes on medium speed.8 ounces Vegan Cream Cheese, ½ Cup Peanut Butter, ⅓ Cup Powdered Sugar
- Add the whipped cream to the peanut butter mixture and gently fold together with a spatula until combined.9 ounce Vegan Whipped Cream
- Add half of the chopped peanut butter cups to the mousse and fold together.1 ½ Cups Dairy Free Peanut Butter Cups
- Spread the peanut butter filling into your prepared graham cracker crust.1 Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crust
- Chill for 4 hours or overnight.
To make the ganache
- Place the chocolate chips into a heat proof bowl.½ Cup Allergen Free Chocolate Chips
- Heat the cream in the microwave about 30 seconds until hot but not boiling.¼ Cup Non-Dairy Cream
- Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and let it sit for 5 minutes to melt the chocolate.
- After 5 minutes use a small whisk to mix the ganache. At first it will look very separated and wet, keep mixing and it will turn into a velvety chocolate mixture.
- Pour the ganache over the chilled pie and spread to the edges. Top with the remaining chopped peanut butter cups.
Tiffany is the recipe developer, stylist and food photographer behind Well Fed Baker. As a lifelong baker who had to go gluten free and dairy free in 2016, Tiffany strives to share allergen friendly recipes that never feel like they are free from anything.