Originally posted January 19, 2021. Updated August 6, 2022.
I am totally in love with this kielbasa sheet pan dinner. It ticks all the boxes: roasted sausage and potatoes, loads of vegetables, hearty and comforting. It is easy to make and requires only a few minutes prep time, which makes this a perfect weeknight dinner recipe.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- It’s an easy one pan dinner. (only one pan to wash!)
- It makes enough for the whole family.
- It makes great leftovers, reheats well.
- It’s gluten free (with gluten free kielbasa) and dairy free!
- Olive oil
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Potatoes - I use red potatoes, but russett potatoes will work fine.
- Carrots - If you don’t have baby carrots, cut full size carrots into pieces about 2 inches long and no more than ½ inch thick.
- Yellow Onion
- Minced Garlic
- Kielbasa - Not all brands of kielbasa are gluten free. Hillshire Farms brand, which is widely available, is marked as gluten free. I normally use the sausage pictures above from North Country Smokehouse because it is all natural with no added sugar.
How to make a sausage and veggie sheet pan dinner
- MIX the spices with the olive oil and a small dish.
- COMBINE the cut potatoes and carrots in a large bowl.
- POUR half of the oil mixture over the potatoes and carrots and stir to coat the vegetables.
- SPREAD the vegetables on a sheet pan and bake.
- COMBINE the broccoli, onion and minced garlic in a large bowl. Pour in the remaining oil and stir to coat.
- REMOVE the sheet pan from the oven. Stir the potatoes and carrots and move them to one half of the pan. Lay out the sliced kielbasa in a single layer. Add the broccoli mixture on top and return to the oven.
Is this sheet pan sausage meal gluten free?
All of the ingredients with the exception of the kielbasa are naturally gluten free. There are plenty of gluten free kielbasa options available, just make sure to read the labels. This sheet pan dinner can easily be made Whole 30 compliant by using a sugar free kielbasa as well.
- Add ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes to make it spicier.
- Swap the vegetables out for whatever you have on hand.
- Use chicken sausage in place of the kielbasa.
- Serve the dinner over rice or pasta.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions
Swap the potatoes for sweet potato or squash.
Add peppers, zucchini, asparagus or whatever vegetables you like. They should be added with the broccoli.
No, they are going to release too much moisture when roasted. Stick to fresh vegetables for this recipe.
To be honest, this meal gets eaten very quickly at my house so I have never tried freezing it. Sometimes potatoes can get weird when they are frozen, so if you try it let me know how it turns out in the comments.
I do know this kielbasa and vegetable sheet pan meal makes excellent leftovers. The flavors blend together even better the second day. Just store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
For more gluten free dinner ideas, check out these other great recipes:
Please tag me @wellfedbaker on Instagram if you make this recipe. Tap on any photo or the recipe card to pin this recipe.
Easy Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Basil
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 3 Cup Potatoes cut into 1" cubes
- 1 ½ Cup Baby Carrots
- 1 Head of Broccoli
- 1 Cup Onion sliced (about ½ a medium size onion)
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 12 ounces Kielbasa sliced into ¼" thick coins
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil with dry spices. Mix into a sauce.
- Cut the potatoes into 1 " cubes. Place the cut potatoes and baby carrots into a large bowl. Pour half of the oil sauce on the vegetables. Stir until the vegetables are evenly coated.
- Pour the potatoes and carrots onto a half sheet pan (13"x18"). Place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes and carrots are roasting, prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Cut the head of broccoli into florets. Slice the onion into ¼" thick slices. Mince the garlic cloves. Place the broccoli, onion and garlic into a large bowl. Pour the remaining oil sauce on top. Stir to evenly coat the vegetables.
- Slice the kielbasa into ¼" thick coins.
- After the first 20 minutes have elapsed, remove the sheet pan from the oven and flip the potatoes and carrots. Push all of the vegetables to one side of the sheet pan. Lay the kielbasa coins out on the empty side. Dump the broccoli mixture on top of the potatoes.
- Place sheet pan back in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and flip the sausages. Put it back into the oven for a final 10 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from oven, stir ingredients together on the pan and serve.