Between Thanksgiving and Christmas cranberries and oranges are abundant. It's the perfect season for these gluten free and dairy free cranberry orange muffins. Sweet bread with the flavor of orange and dotted with fresh cranberries. I hope you'll like them as much as we do!
Why You'll Love This Cranberry Orange Muffin Recipe
- It's dairy free & gluten free, but no one will ever know.
- It's easy to make and perfect for breakfast.
- The muffins are light and fluffy with beautiful muffin tops.
- Gluten Free 1 to 1 Flour Blend - I use Bob's Red Mill for this recipe. You can use the flour blend of your choice, but the results may vary. As always, weighing your flour will ensure the best results.
- Baking Powder
- Olive Oil - You can substitute with any other light flavor cooking oil.
- Orange Juice & Zest - this recipe requires 1 medium size fresh orange
- Milk - I use either oat milk or coconut milk. You can use the dairy or non-dairy milk of your choice.
- Cranberries - I prefer fresh cranberries for this recipe, but you can make them year round with frozen berries.
How to Make a Gluten Free Cranberry Orange Muffins
I always make my muffins and quickbreads with the muffin method of mixing.
Step 1 - Combine your flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and orange zest in a large bowl. Whisk together.
Step 2 - In a smaller bowl, crack your egg. Whisk until frothy like soap bubbles.
Step 3 - Add the oil, orange juice and milk to the whisked egg. whisk together until smooth.
Step 4 - Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold together about 10 strokes.
Step 5 - Toss your cranberries in 1 tablespoon of flour to coat them. Add the cranberries to your batter and fold about 5 more times until they're evenly distributed.
Step 6 - Divide your batter into 6 muffin cups. The cups will be almost full.
Step 7 - Bake!
How to Store/Reheat Cranberry and Orange Muffins
Store leftover muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
To reheat the muffins, wrap an individual muffin in a paper towel and microwave for about 15 seconds.
If you love cranberry and orange, check out these great recipes!
To pin this recipe for later, click the save button on any image in this post or the recipe card. Please tag me @wellfedbaker on Instagram if you make this recipe!
Gluten Free Cranberry Orange Muffins
- 1 Cup + 1 tablespoon Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour Blend (157g) I use Bob’s Red Mill
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Zest from 1 medium orange
- ⅔ Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¼ Orange Juice fresh squeezed (from 1 medium orange)
- ⅓ Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- ¾ Cup Cranberries fresh or frozen
- 1 Tablespoon Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour Blend
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper cups. This recipe makes 6 muffins.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, orange zest, and sugar. Stir well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg until frothy like soap bubbles.
- Add the oil, milk and orange juice to the whisked egg. Whisk together until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold together with a spatula about 10 strokes.
- Toss the ¾C cranberries with 1 tablespoon flour. Pour the cranberries into the batter and fold 3-4 strokes until evenly incorporated.
- Fill muffin cups to top. Sprinkle the muffins with additional cranberries and coarse sugar if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 27 minutes or until tops spring back when gently poked.