Thanks to the introductions of Bob’s Red Mill egg replacer, I have created an absolutely sinful cookie that you won’t believe is gluten free and vegan. In fact, it is already free of 7 of the top 8 allergens. With the substitution of shortening for the coconut oil, it will be free of all 8.
Gluten Free Vegan Death by Chocolate Cookies
- 1 C Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour Blend I use Bob’s Red Mill
- ½ C Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp Espresso Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer
- ¼ C Water
- ¾ C Light Brown Sugar packed
- ¼ C Sugar
- ⅓ C Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 C Cocoa Nibs
- 6 oz Good Quality Chocolate roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir together and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and egg replacer. Stir well and then let sit to thicken.
- In the meantime, add the sugars and oils to the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until well combined. Scrape down bowl. Add the vanilla and egg replacer. Mix another 60 seconds. Turn the mixer to low speed and add the flour mixture. Stir until just combined. Add in the cocoa nibs and chopped chocolate. Fold together.
- Scoop into 1/4 C cupfuls and place on prepared sheets spaced 3 inches apart (I can fit 6 on a large baking sheet). Flatten the cookies until the are about 1/2” thick. If they crumble apart, just mash them back together with your hands. Bake in preheated oven for 10-11 minutes until edges are set. Remove from oven and cool on rack for at least 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.