- 4 Cup Shredded Coconut sweetened
- 4 Large Egg Whites
- ⅓ Cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites, sugar, vanilla and salt. Whisk until frothy. Add in the coconut. Fold together until all the coconut is covered in the wet mixture. Scoop the dough into balls using a cookie scoop (or ice cream scoop). Using your hand, really pack the coconut mixture into the scoop to get it to hold together well. Place on the prepared baking sheet leave about 1 inch in between. The balls will not spread.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 minutes, turning baking sheet half way through.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Heat the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl on 50% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Dip the bottom of the cool coconut balls in the chocolate and place onto a piece of aluminum foil or was paper. Once all the balls have been dipped, drizzle the remaining chocolate over the top of the macaroons. Cool until the chocolate hardens (you can place them in the refrigerator to speed up the hardening process).
- Store in an airtight container. Makes about 20 1-½ inch diameter balls.
Tried this recipe?Mention @wellfedbaker or tag #wellfedbaker!
Tiffany is the recipe developer, stylist and food photographer behind Well Fed Baker. As a lifelong baker who had to go gluten free and dairy free in 2016, Tiffany strives to share allergen friendly recipes that never feel like they are free from anything.
Leave a Comment