For the bread
For the topping
- ⅓ Cup Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour Blend
- 1 Tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- pinch of Salt
- 2 Tablespoon Vegan Butter
- Reserve 1 cup of the chopped berries for the topping. Put the remaining strawberries into a medium saucepan. Mash with a fork or potato masher. Cook over medium-low heat for 30-40 minutes until reduced by ⅓-1/2 in volume. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the all of ingredients for the streusel topping. Work together with a fork until large crumbs are present. Place in refrigerator while mixing the bread ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, spices and sugars. Stir well. In a small bowl, crack the egg and whisk until foamy. Add the vanilla and maple syrup to the egg, and whisk well. While whisking, pour in melted coconut oil. Mix well. Pour wet ingredients into dry and fold together with a spatula about 15 strokes. Fold in the reduced strawberry puree. Let batter sit for 5 minutes before filling the pan.
- Pour batter into pan. Top with cut berries and streusel topping. Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and top springs back when gently poked.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container.
Tiffany is the recipe developer, stylist and food photographer behind Well Fed Baker. As a lifelong baker who had to go gluten free and dairy free in 2016, Tiffany strives to share allergen friendly recipes that never feel like they are free from anything.