- 1 Cup GF 1-to-1 Flour I use Bob's Red Mill
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- ¾ Cup Fresh Cherries pitted and halved + 1 tablespoon GF 1-to-1 Flour
- ½ Cup Walnuts roughly chopped
- 1 Ripe Banana mashed
For the topping
- ¼ Cup Fresh Cherries pitted and halved
- ¼ Cup Walnuts finely chopped
- Coarse Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 6 muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine ¾ fresh cherries and 1 tablespoon flour. Stir together to coat cherries and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 C flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and sugar. Stir together until well combined.
- Crack the egg into a second smaller bowl. Whisk the egg until frothy. Add in oil, milk and vanilla. Whisk together until combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and fold together about 10 strokes. Add the walnuts and banana and continue to fold about 5-10 strokes more.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups. Fill each cup to the top. Sprinkle more cherries, walnuts and coarse sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 2 minutes at 400, then reduce temperature to 375 degrees. Cook for additional 23-25 minutes, until tops spring back when gently poked.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.