- 6 Cup Fresh Blackberries
- ¾ Cup Sugar divided
- 2 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- ½ Cup Coconut Milk
- ½ teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Cup GF 1-to-1 Flour
- 3 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Cup Butter Flavored Coconut Oil
- 2 teaspoon Coarse Sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add blackberries, ½ C sugar and cornstarch to a 9x9 baking dish. Stir well to cover the berries. Place into preheated oven and cook for 20 minutes until the berries begin to bubble.
- While the berries are cooking prepare the topping.
- Combine coconut milk and vinegar in a mixing cup and set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, remaining ¼ C sugar and salt. Stir together. Add in the coconut oil and vanilla. Work together with a fork until it is small crumbles. Add in the sour milk and fold together with a spatula.
- Scoop generous dollops of the topping on to the cooked blackberries. Sprinkle the top with the coarse sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake an additional 20 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
Tried this recipe?Mention @wellfedbaker or tag #wellfedbaker!
Tiffany is the recipe developer, stylist and food photographer behind Well Fed Baker. As a lifelong baker who had to go gluten free and dairy free in 2016, Tiffany strives to share allergen friendly recipes that never feel like they are free from anything.