- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips divided
- ¼ Butter Flavored Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Tahini
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ⅔ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ¾ Cup GF 1-to-1 Flour
- ½ Cup Black Cocoa Powder you can substitute any dutch process cocoa
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 Large Eggs + 1 Yolk
for the swirl
- 3 Tablespoon Tahini
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt ½ C chocolate chips on 50% power for 2 minutes, then stir every 30 seconds until melted. Add the coconut oil to the melted chocolate and stir well. Add in the tahini and vanilla and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool a bit.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Stir in sugars. Add the melted chocolate mixture to the flour and fold together.
- In a smaller bowl, crack the eggs. Beat the eggs. Add the beaten eggs to the chocolate mixture. Fold together until mostly smooth (there may be a few small lumps). Fold in the other ½ C chocolate chips. Spread into prepared pan.
- Combine the swirl ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well until smooth. Dollop tahini on top of brownies. Then swirl around with a knife or wooden skewer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-28 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out with just a few crumbs attached.
- Remove from oven and cool in the pan. Store in an airtight container.
Tried this recipe?Mention @wellfedbaker or tag #wellfedbaker!
Tiffany is the recipe developer, stylist and food photographer behind Well Fed Baker. As a lifelong baker who had to go gluten free and dairy free in 2016, Tiffany strives to share allergen friendly recipes that never feel like they are free from anything.