- ¾ Cup Hazelnut Flour
- 1 Cup Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour Blend
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Cup Coconut Oil room temperature
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg + 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ¾ Cup Toasted Hazelnuts roughly chopped
- 1 ½ Cup about 4 oz Good Quality Dark Chocolate, chopped into large chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine hazelnut flour, 1-to-1 flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Stire well and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine sugars and coconut oil. Beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat about 1-2 minutes more until smooth. Scrape down bowl. Turn mixer to lowest setting and slowly add the flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Add in the nuts and the chocolate. Mix just 30 seconds more on low setting. Stir remainder by hand if needed.
- Scoop into gold ball size balls. Place onto prepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Flatten slighting with your hand if you want larger cookies (if you don’t flatten they will be thicker). Bake in preheated oven for 9-10 minutes until edges are set. Remove from oven. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store leftovers in airtight container.
Tiffany is the recipe developer, stylist and food photographer behind Well Fed Baker. As a lifelong baker who had to go gluten free and dairy free in 2016, Tiffany strives to share allergen friendly recipes that never feel like they are free from anything.