For the light side-
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine sugars and coconut oil. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating for about 30 seconds between each addition. Add the vanilla.
- Turn the mixer to lowest setting. Slowly add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Remove from the stand and add the chocolate chips. Fold them in by hand with a spatula. Dump batter into a bowl and set aside.
- Mix up the dark batter. Follow the same steps as the light batter (adding the cocoa powder into the flour mixture).
- Once you have both batters, scoop a small amount (about the size of a grape) of each batter and put them together in your hand. Roll your hands around a bit to swirly the two batters.
- Place them on the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly with your hand.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until edges are set. Remove from oven and cool 2 minutes on the baking sheet. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Tiffany is the recipe developer, stylist and food photographer behind Well Fed Baker. As a lifelong baker who had to go gluten free and dairy free in 2016, Tiffany strives to share allergen friendly recipes that never feel like they are free from anything.