Happy International Waffle Day! Today is one of two Waffle holidays that happen each year. And I'm pretty sure they only have double holidays for the very best foods.
These Carrot Cake Waffles are sure to be a hit at your celebration. I've drizzled mine with a Cream Cheese Maple Syrup (recipe below), but plain syrup would be delicious too. These Carrot Cake Waffles are here just in time for Easter next weekend. Because you know bunnies love carrots and people love carrot cake and waffles, so win win!
Gluten Free Carrot Cake Waffles
For the waffles
- ¾ Cup Gluten Free Oat Flour
- 1 ¼ Cup Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour Blend I use Bob's Red Mill
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Ginger
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- 3 Tablespoon Sugar
- ½ Cup Coconut Oil melted
- 3 Eggs
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- ⅔ Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- 2 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- ¼ Cup Pecans chopped
- 1 Cup Carrots grated
For the waffles
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. Set aside.¾ Cup Gluten Free Oat Flour, 1 ¼ Cup Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour Blend, 2 teaspoon Baking Powder, 1 ½ teaspoon Cinnamon, ½ teaspoon Nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon Ginger, ¾ teaspoon Salt, 3 Tablespoon Sugar
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the eggs until foamy.3 Eggs
- Add the oil, milk, vanilla and maple syrup to the eggs and mix well.½ Cup Coconut Oil, ½ teaspoon Vanilla, ⅔ Cup Non-Dairy Milk, 2 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold together with a spatula.
- Finally, fold in the pecans and carrots. Let the batter sit 5 minutes before scooping into the waffle maker.¼ Cup Pecans, 1 Cup Carrots
- Cook according to your waffle maker directions until waffles are brown and are easily removed from the waffle iron. Mine takes about 5-7 minutes per batch.
For the cream cheese maple syrup
- Whisk all ingredients together. You may have to heat for 10-20 seconds in the microwave to get a pour-able consistency. Pour over waffles and top with additional chopped pecans if desired.2 ounces Vegan Cream Cheese, ¼ Cup Maple Syrup, 1 Tablespoon Vegan Butter
Tiffany is the recipe developer, stylist and food photographer behind Well Fed Baker. As a lifelong baker who had to go gluten free and dairy free in 2016, Tiffany strives to share allergen friendly recipes that never feel like they are free from anything.