This gluten free corn casserole (also known as corn pudding) is one of my family’s favorite dishes. For us it started as a holiday side dish and turned into a year round dinner treat. It’s so easy to make, it doesn’t require any special equipment (just a bowl and a spatula). You can mix it up in about 5 minutes and then just bake it while you’re making the rest of your meal. You’re going to love it!
Why You'll Love This Corn Pudding
- It’s a Southern staple – sweet and filled with corn and seasoning.
- It’s the perfect side for turkey or chicken.
- We’ve added a little bit of Poblano pepper and some red pepper flakes to make things interesting.
Flour – I have created this recipe using Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Flour Blend. You can use the gluten free flour of your choice, but the results may not be the same.
Eggs – Three large eggs to hold everything together. They also help create that soft, moist interior.
Sugar – This is a sweetened casserole.
Baking Powder – To provide leavening and keep things light.
Milk – I use unsweetened coconut milk, you can use any non-dairy or dairy milk in the same quantity.
Poblano Pepper – This pepper provides just the right amount of spice, but not so much that littles will complain it’s too hot.
Butter – I use Country Crock Plant Butter for this recipe.
Salt & Spices – To give you a little more complex flavor. You’ll love it.
Creamed Corn – One can of creamed corn. Be careful to buy gluten free creamed corn.
How to Make a Gluten Free Corn Casserole
- Step 1: Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and seasonings in a large bowl. Whisk together.
- Step 2: Add the eggs, melted butter and milk to the dry ingredients. Continue to whisk until all of the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Step 3: Add the diced pepper and creamed corn. Fold together.
- Step 4: Pour into your baking dish and bake.
This dish is so easy to make, it’s a great one to let the kids help with.
Is canned creamed corn gluten free?
I checked every brand of creamed corn in my grocery store and none were marked certified gluten free on the label.
Upon some investigation online, I found Del Monte Creamed Corn is gluten free. It does not contain any gluten ingredients but it is made in a shared facility with cleaning protocols in place.
How to Store & Reheat Corn Casserole
Leftover corn casserole can be stored in the original baking dish covered with foil if storing overnight. If you will be storing for longer, I’d suggest transferring the corn casserole to an air tight container to avoid drying out. The corn casserole should be refrigerator and will last 3-4 days.
To reheat corn casserole in the original dish, cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees until inside is warm, about 30 minutes. Reheat individual servings in the microwave at full power for about two minutes.
If you're looking for corn recipe ideas, check out these great recipes!
To pin this recipe for later, click the save button on any image in this post or the recipe card. Please tag me @wellfedbaker on Instagram if you make this recipe!
Gluten Free Sweet Corn Casserole
- 1 C + 2 Tbsp Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour Blend (166g) I use Bob's Red Mill
- ½ C Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Coriander
- 3 Eggs
- 4 Tbsp Vegan Butter melted & cooled
- ¼ C Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 Poblano Pepper diced
- 1 can Creamed Corn (15 oz) Del Monte is gluten free
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Lightly grease a deep dish pie pan or 8x8 square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, red pepper, cumin and coriander. Whisk together.
- Add the eggs, melted butter and milk to the dry ingredients. Whisk until all of the dry ingredients have been incorporated.
- Add the diced peppers and the creamed corn to the batter. Fold together until the peppers are evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into your prepared dish. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes prior to baking.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Then gently place a piece of aluminum foil over the top, it is not necessary to fold it around the sides of the dish. Bake another 30 minutes covered.
- Serve immediately.