Some days you just need a brownie. Am I right? This delicious gluten free dairy free brownie recipe couldn’t be easier to make. It all mixes up in one bowl and cooks in an 8×4 loaf pan. It makes 8 small brownies, 4 medium brownies, 2 large brownies or 1 extra large brownie (no judgement here). In about thirty minutes from now, you could be eating warm brownies, what are you waiting for?
How to make gluten free brownies from scratch
Brownies are very easy to make. There is almost no way to mess up. Plus this recipe only requires one bowl, so there is less cleanup.
Combine all your dry ingredients together in a large bowl: brown sugar, sugar, cocoa powder, flour and salt. Then add in the wet ingredients: oil, egg, vanilla, and milk. Stir until all of the dry ingredients are mixed in. Add in your chocolate chips and mix until they are evenly distributed. Pour into the pan. That’s it!
What size brownie will this recipe make?
This recipe calls for an 8×4 loaf pan. That is also known as a 1 pound loaf. Do not use a 9×5 loaf pan, otherwise the brownies will come out too thin.
This recipe makes 8 – 2″x2″ brownies, but you can get creative with how you cut them if you don’t need that many. I like to cut mine into 4 brownies that are 2″x4″, as shown in the photo. That way I don’t have to feel guilty for the number of brownies I am eating. 🙂
Does small batch brownies take long to bake?
Not at all. That’s what is amazing about this recipe. It takes about 5 minutes to mix up and about 30 minutes to bake. The hardest part will be waiting for them to cool enough to eat.
If you love brownies & bars check out these other great recipes!
Small Batch Gluten Free Dairy Free Brownies
- ¼ C Sugar
- ¼ C Light Brown Sugar
- ⅓ C Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour Blend
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil or other neutral oil
- 1 Egg
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp Non-Dairy Milk
- ¼ C +1 Tbsp Allergen Free Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 325 F. Line an 8x4 Loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine sugars, flour, cocoa powder and salt. Stir together.
- Add oil, egg, vanilla and milk. Stir until dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Fold in 1/4 C of chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Top with remaining 1 Tbsp chocolate chips.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Use a plastic knife to cut hot brownies. Cool to desired temperature before eating.