Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Coffee Cake
This coffee cake is loaded with chocolate chunks, chips and cocoa nibs. A chocolate lovers favorite!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 12 slices
For the Topping
- 3 Tablespoon Vegan Butter Regular or Vegan
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Gluten Free 1-to1 Flour Blend
- ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Chocolate Chunks
For the Cake
- 2 Cup Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour Blend
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Coconut Oil melted and cooled
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ½ teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 Cup Dairy Free Sour Cream
- ⅓ Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup Cocoa Nibs
For the topping
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients except the chocolate chunks. Work together with a fork, it will be crumbly. Place in the refrigerator while you make the cake.
For the cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir well and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the sugar and melted coconut oil. Beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Scrape down bowl. Add the eggs one at a time. Beat 60 seconds between each addition. Scrape down the bowl. Add the vanilla and almond extract.
- Mix the milk and sour cream together in a small bowl. Turn your mixer to the lowest setting. Add half the liquid. Then add half the flour mixture. Continue alternating until all have been added. Mix only until just combined. Remove from the stand and add the chocolate chips and cocoa nibs. Fold in with a spatula.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Top with chocolate chunks and streusel topping.
- Place the pan on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes. Cake will be done when top springs back when gently poked. Remove to cooling rack. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
Calories: 403kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 307mg | Potassium: 75mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 157IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @wellfedbaker or tag #wellfedbaker!
Tiffany is the recipe developer, stylist and food photographer behind Well Fed Baker. As a lifelong baker who had to go gluten free and dairy free in 2016, Tiffany strives to share allergen friendly recipes that never feel like they are free from anything.
Leave a Comment