If there is one thing that Instant Pot does amazing, it's soup. In (usually) less than an hour you can have a delicious bowl of soup that tastes like it has been simmering for hours on the stove. Gluten free people spend a lot of time cooking, so why not make it easier on yourself with the help of an instant pot.
If you're looking for even more soup ideas, check out my post for 25 best gluten free & dairy free soups!
- Why You'll Love Making Soup in the Instant Pot
- Shop this post
- How do I make soup in the Instant Pot?
- How do you store leftover soup?
- How do you reheat soup in the Instant Pot?
- Tips for Instant Pot Soup Success
- Instant Pot Gluten Free Soups
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Soup (without cream)
- Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- Instant Pot Beef and Vegetable Soup
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Instant Pot Lentil Soup
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Instant Pot Split Pea Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Mulligatawny Soup
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Cashew Carrot Ginger Soup
Why You'll Love Making Soup in the Instant Pot
- You can saute your vegetables in the pot before the pressure cook cycle.
- Cooking time is reduced from hours to minutes.
- No stirring is required.
- One pot cleanup after dinner.
- Has a keep warm function if you want to cook ahead of time.
Shop this post
How do I make soup in the Instant Pot?
Although many Instant Pots have a soup button, most of the recipes below use the high pressure setting for cooking. In many cases, you will first use the saute setting to soften your aromatics. Then add the remaining ingredients and pressure cook for the allotted time. Release the pressure as indicated in the recipe (quick release or natural release). Then serve! It's so easy to make soup in the Instant Pot.
How do you store leftover soup?
If you will eat the soup within a few days, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Most soups will last about 4 days if refrigerated.
Soup is also great for freezing. Whether you want to store as a batch for a large group or in individual servings, the first step is cooling the soup in the refrigerator. Once the soup has chilled, transfer it to a freezer bag and place in the freezer laid flat for better storage. If you want to freeze individual servings, I recommend souper cubes. Transfer the chilled soup to the cubes, freeze, then move the cubes to a freezer bag or container for long term storage.
When you're ready to reheat frozen soup, simple thaw in the fridge overnight then reheat on the stove or in the Instant Pot.
How do you reheat soup in the Instant Pot?
Set your Instant Pot to saute mode. Add the cold soup. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the soup is reheated to at least 165 degrees.
Tips for Instant Pot Soup Success
- Be mindful of ingredients that can cook quickly and fall apart - noodles, rice, canned beans, etc. Add those items after the pressure cooking has completed.
- If you need to thicken your soup, add the thickener after the pressure cooking has completed. The soup will still be plenty hot to activate the thickener.
- Likewise with dairy products. If your soup needs milk, cheese, sour cream or cream cheese (even if they are non-dairy versions), add them after the pressure cooking has completed.
- Never overfill your Instant Pot. There are markings inside the pot to indicate the max fill line.
- Take care when releasing pressure from the Instant Pot. The steam (and sometimes spray) released is very hot and can easily burn you.
- If your soup needs to be pureed, use an immersion blender. It is much easier (and safer) than trying to transfer the soup to a regular blender.
Instant Pot Gluten Free Soups
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
This delicious gluten free & dairy free chicken pot pie soup has all the rich flavors of pot pie but it's made in minutes with Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
This vegan instant pot cauliflower soup is thick, savory, and creamy without cream or flour. It is bursting with the flavor and goodness of cauliflower, butter beans, turmeric, garlic, and herbs. A drizzle of olive oil and fresh lemon completes this dairy-free and gluten-free soup that you won't get enough of!
Instant Pot Pumpkin Soup (without cream)
Instant Pot pumpkin soup without cream tastes just as good as with it. In fact, you won’t miss the cream at all. With warming spices like cinnamon and nutmeg and a dash of maple syrup, this thick soup is so perfect for chilly fall days and holidays. Vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free!
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup
This hearty chicken taco soup is filled with beans and topped with melty cheese and creamy avocado. The Instant Pot ensures this family favorite cooks up in no time with hardly any effort.
Instant Pot Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Instant Pot chicken and rice soup is an easy soup recipe made with wild rice and hearty vegetables! It’s a cozy and comforting meal any time!
Instant Pot Beef and Vegetable Soup
Instant Pot beef vegetable soup is hearty, healthy, & easy, too! Using your electric pressure cooker to make soup is easier than you think!
Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
Easy Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup recipe! This simple but tasty soup recipe requires minimal prep and is ready in about 30 minutes.
Instant Pot Lentil Soup
This Instant Pot Lentil Soup is made using simple pantry ingredients. It’s healthy and packed with vitamins and nutrients.
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
A super creamy and delicious instant pot broccoli and cheddar soup that is ready in 20 minutes!
Instant Pot Split Pea Soup
Instant Pot split pea soup is made with buttery split peas, loads of tender carrots and celery, and delicious smoked ham. There’s just something about the addition of the salty, smoky ham that brings it to another level, kind of the way my ham and bean soup does. It just works!
Instant Pot Chicken Mulligatawny Soup
Mulligatawny soup is an Indo-British curry soup loaded with chicken, vegetables, red lentils, apples and coconut cream. Thick, creamy and comforting, this gluten-free soup will drive away the chill of fall and winter days.
Instant Pot Sweet Potato Soup
This delicious, beautifully balanced Instant Pot Sweet Potato Soup is a treasured family heirloom with a long, beloved history.
Tiffany is the recipe developer, stylist and food photographer behind Well Fed Baker. As a lifelong baker who had to go gluten free and dairy free in 2016, Tiffany strives to share allergen friendly recipes that never feel like they are free from anything.
Leave a Comment