Originally published November 27, 2017. Updated January 10, 2022.
These muffins combine two of my favorite flavors – pecans and maple syrup. They are the perfect way to start off the day.
I love to make a batch of muffins for a weekend breakfast. Then we keep any leftovers and eat them for a quick breakfast at the start of the week. It really helps us breeze through Monday morning chaos.
Why You'll Love This Maple Pecan Muffin Recipe
- It’s gluten free and dairy free.
- It’s easy to make.
- They taste delicious!
- Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour Blend – I created this recipe with Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour. You can use the flour blend of your choice, but your results may vary. For best results, weigh your ingredients.
- Baking Powder
- Oil – I use light olive oil, but you can use any light flavor cooking oil.
- Maple Syrup – Go for the best quality syrup you can find because the flavor is a big component of these muffins.
- Milk – I use coconut milk or oat milk in my recipes. Any non-dairy milk or regular dairy milk will work too.
How to Make Perfect Muffins
For perfect muffins every time, I always use the muffin method for mixing.
- Step 1 – Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk to mix thoroughly.
- Step 2 – Crack your egg in a second smaller bowl. Whisk until frothy, like soap bubbles.
- Step 3 – Add the oil, maple syrup and milk to the whisked egg. Whisk until smooth.
- Step 4 – Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Fold together about 10 strokes.
- Step 5 – Add in the chopped pecans and fold about 5 more times.
- Step 6 – Divide batter into six lined muffin cups.
- Step 7 – Bake!
How to Store and Reheat Maple Pecan Muffins
These muffins do not need to be refrigerated. To store, simply move cooled muffins to an airtight container and store at room temperature for 3-4 days.
To reheat muffins, microwave for about 10-15 seconds and serve.
If you love maple as much as I do, check out these great recipes!
To pin this recipe for later, click the save button on any image in this post or the recipe card. Please tag me @wellfedbaker on Instagram if you make this recipe!
Gluten Free Maple Pecan Muffins
- 1 C +2 Tbsp Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour Blend 167g, I use Bob's Red Mill
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ C Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil or other light flavored oil
- ¼ C Maple Syrup
- ¼ C Non-Dairy Milk
- ⅔ C Pecans roughly chopped
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk to mix well.
- Crack egg into a second smaller bowl. Whisk the egg until frothy, like soap bubbles.
- Add oil, maple syrup and milk to the egg. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Fold together with a spatula about 10 strokes.
- Add the chopped pecans and fold about 5 more times.
- Divide the batter into 6 lined muffin cups. The batter will be almost to the top of the cup. Let rest while you preheat the oven.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake for 26-28 minutes until tops spring back when gently poked.