I say it every year, but peach season is my absolute favorite. I almost never bake peach desserts because I eat them all before I can get them in the oven. This gluten free peach crisp recipe is a definite exception. Every peach season from now on, I will be buying peaches just to make this crisp. It's a super easy dessert to make -even a beginning baker can do it!
Why You'll Love This Peach Crisp Recipe
- It's gluten free and vegan.
- It's easy to make and doesn't require a mixer.
- It has a crunchy topping of oats and pecans.
- It can be made in a deep dish pie pan, baking dish or a cast iron skillet.
Vegan Butter - I use Miyokos or Country Crock Plant Butter in all of my recipes. If you're not dairy free, you can substitute regular butter in the same measure.
Light Brown Sugar - Provides a little caramel flavor and helps the topping get crispy when baked.
Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour Blend - I use Bob's Red Mill in all of my recipes. You can use your preferred brand. Because there is so little flour in this recipe any brand should work fine in the same measure.
Gluten Free Oats - Oats are an ingredient that can have gluten contamination, so make sure to buy oats marked gluten free. I use Bob's Red Mill brand.
Pecans - I love adding nuts to my fruit crisps. You can use another type of nut if you prefer (pistachios would be awesome in this one).
Peaches - I make this crisp during the height of peach season with the juiciest fresh peaches. I don't recommend making this recipe with canned peaches, but frozen peaches should work just fine.
Sugar - Just a little to sweeten the filling and draw out some of the juice from the fruit. You can substitute coconut sugar in the same measure if you prefer.
Cinnamon & Vanilla - to add flavor.
What is the difference between a crisp, a crumble and a cobbler?
When it comes to fruit desserts, you might think the monikers are interchangeable. When in fact a crisp, a crumble and a cobbler are three different things.
A crisp is what we are making here. It is a fruit filling topped with a streusel topping that includes oats. The topping is usually crispy and not super thick.
A crumble is also fruit filling topped with a streusel topping. But the topping is thicker and more cakelike and does not include oats.
A cobbler is also a fruit filling, but topped with a biscuit like topping.
How do you make a gluten free peach crisp?
This gluten free peach crisp recipe couldn't be easier to make. You don't need a mixer. It only requires one bowl and a pan for baking.
- Step 1 - Combine melted butter, brown sugar, salt, gluten free flour, oats and chopped pecans in a small bowl. Place it in the refrigerator to solidify while you prepare the filling.
- Step 2 - Combine the peaches with sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and a little gluten free flour. Stir it all together. You can do that right in the pan you will be baking in.
- Step 3 - Remove your crisp topping from the refrigerator and crumble it over the peaches.
- Step 4 - Bake!
How do you store leftover peach crisp?
If you have leftover peach crisp, cover it with aluminum foil and store in the refrigerator. You can reheat an individual serving in the microwave although the topping will lose its crispyness. If you want to recrisp the topping, bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
If you love peaches, check out these other great recipes!
To pin this recipe for later, click the save button on any image in this post or the recipe card. Please tag me @wellfedbaker on Instagram if you make this recipe!
Easy Gluten Free Vegan Peach Crisp
- 6 Tablespoon Vegan Butter melted (vegan or regular)
- ¼ C + 2 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- pinch Salt
- ⅓ Cup Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour Blend I use Bob's Red Mill
- ¾ Cup Gluten Free Oats
- ½ Cup Pecans roughly chopped
- 6 Cup Peaches sliced (about 5-6 baseball sized peaches)
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 Tablespoon Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour Blend
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a medium sized bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, salt, ⅓ C gluten free flour, oats and pecans. Stir together.6 Tablespoon Vegan Butter, ¼ C + 2 tablespoon Light Brown Sugar, pinch Salt, ⅓ Cup Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour Blend, ¾ Cup Gluten Free Oats, ½ Cup Pecans
- Placed the topping into the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- Peel and slice 6 cups of fresh peaches (about 5-6 baseball sized peached).6 Cup Peaches
- Combine the peach slices, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and 3 tablespoon gluten free flour. Stir together until the peaches are coated with the seasoning.½ Cup Sugar, ½ teaspoon Cinnamon, 1 teaspoon Vanilla, 3 Tablespoon Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour Blend
- Crumble the chilled topping over the peaches.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream