I say it every year, but peach season is my absolute favorite. I almost never bake peach desserts because I eat them all before I can get them in the oven. This gluten free peach crisp recipe is a definite exception. Every peach season from now on, I will be buying peaches just to make this crisp. It’s a super easy dessert to make -even a beginning baker can do it!
What is the difference between a crisp, a crumble and a cobbler?
When it comes to fruit desserts, you might think the monikers are interchangeable. When in fact a crisp, a crumble and a cobbler are three different things.
A crisp is what we are making here. It is a fruit filling topped with a streusel topping that includes oats. The topping is usually crispy and not super thick.
A crumble is also fruit filling topped with a streusel topping. But the topping is thicker and more cakelike and does not include oats.
A cobbler is also a fruit filling, but topped with a biscuit like topping.
How do you make a gluten free peach crisp?
This gluten free peach crisp recipe couldn’t be easier to make. You don’t need a mixer. It only requires one bowl and a pan for baking.
First you make the crispy topping. Combine melted butter, brown sugar, salt, gluten free flour and chopped pecans in a small bowl. Place it in the refrigerator to solidify while you prepare the filling.
Next, combine the peaches with sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and a little gluten free flour. Stir it all together. You can do that write in the pan you will be baking in.
Remove your crisp topping from the refrigerator and crumble it over the peaches. Then bake! So easy!
How do you store leftover peach crisp?
If you have leftover peach crisp, cover it with aluminum foil and store in the refrigerator. You can reheat an individual serving in the microwave although the topping will lose its crispyness. If you want to recrisp the topping, bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
If you love peaches, check out these other great recipes!
To pin this recipe for later, click the save button on any image in this post or the recipe card. Please tag me @wellfedbaker on Instagram if you make this recipe!
Gluten Free Dairy Free Peach Crisp
- 6 Tbsp Vegan Butter melted (vegan or regular)
- ¼ C + 2 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- pinch Salt
- ⅓ C Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour Blend
- ¾ C Gluten Free Oats
- ½ C Pecans roughly chopped
- 6 C Peaches sliced (about 5-6 baseball sized peaches)
- ½ C Sugar
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 Tbsp Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour Blend
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a medium sized bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, salt, 1/3 C gluten free flour, oats and pecans. Stir together.
- Placed the topping into the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- Peel and slice 6 cups of fresh peaches (about 5-6 baseball sized peached).
- Combine the peach slices, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and 3 Tbsp gluten free flour. Stir together until the peaches are coated with the seasoning.
- Crumble the chilled topping over the peaches.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream