If you're a pumpkin spice lover, you are going to want to bookmark this recipe. These gluten free granola bars are filled with the flavor of pumpkin pie. Loaded with seeds, dry fruit and nuts, they make a great grab and go breakfast or snack to be enjoyed year round.
Why You'll Love These Pumpkin Spice Granola Bars
- They are so easy to make
- They taste just like pumpkin pie
- They can be customized to your liking with different fruit, nuts, etc. Chocolate chips would be fantastic!
- You can make them soft oat bars or crunchy granola bars
- They are gluten free and vegan.
- They can easily be made nut free.
- Oats - you can use either regular oats or quick oats, just make sure they're certified gluten free.
- Puffed Rice Cereal - again look for gluten free cereal.
- Nuts - I use pecans, you can use your favorite nuts.
- Pumpkin Seeds & Golden Raisins - Customize it with your favorite mix-ins.
- Pumpkin Puree - Use the kind in a can, there is less moisture.
- Brown Sugar - To impart a little caramel flavor while also sweetening the bars.
- Maple Syrup - compliments the spice flavors perfectly.
- Butter - I use vegan butter, either Miyokos or Country Crock Plant Butter.
- Vanilla, Salt & Pumpkin Pie Spice - Adds layers of flavor to the bars.
How to Make Pumpkin Granola Bars
Making homemade granola bars couldn't be easier. It's a great recipe to make with kids.
Step 1: Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
Step 2: Combine all of the wet ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until well combined. Pour over the dry ingredients.
Step 3: Stir until all of the dry ingredients are coated.
Step 4: Pour the mixture into your pan
Step 5: Use a second smaller pan to press it down as much as possible to make a compact even layer.
Step 6: Bake!
How to Store/ Pumpkin Granola Bars
Place cut bars into an air tight container and store in the refrigerator. Bars will be good for 5-7 days.
- Replace the raisins with another dried fruit, cranberries would be great.
- If you don't want pumpkin seeds, replace with nuts.
- Add chocolate chips to make them extra special.
If you love pumpkin flavor, check out these great recipes!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Waffles
Gluten Free Dairy Free Pumpkin Muffins
Gluten Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Cream Pies
Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Donuts (Dairy Free Option)
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting
Pin this recipe for later! Please tag me @wellfedbaker on Instagram if you make this recipe!
Pumpkin Granola Bars (Vegan and Gluten Free)
- 2 ½ Cup Gluten Free Oats
- ½ Cup Puffed Rice Cereal
- ½ Cup Pecans roughly chopped
- ¼ Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ Cup Golden Raisins
- ½ Cup Pumpkin Puree
- ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- ⅓ Cup Vegan Butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Preheat oven to 300F degrees. Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Stir to mix well.2 ½ Cup Gluten Free Oats, ½ Cup Puffed Rice Cereal, ½ Cup Pecans, ¼ Cup Pumpkin Seeds, ½ Cup Golden Raisins, ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar, ½ teaspoon Salt, 2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Combine the wet ingredients in a second smaller bowl. Whisk until well combined.½ Cup Pumpkin Puree, 3 Tablespoon Maple Syrup, ⅓ Cup Vegan Butter, 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Fold together with a spatula until all of the dry ingredients have been coated.
- Pour the mixture in the lined baking pan. Spread around into an even layer. Use a smaller baking pan to press down on the mixture to make it compact and even.
- Bake in preheated oven. 40 minutes for soft oat bars and 60 minutes for crispy granola bars.
- Remove from oven and press down again with the smaller pan. Immediately cut slices but leave in the pan. Cool completely before removing slices to eat or store.
Tiffany is the recipe developer, stylist and food photographer behind Well Fed Baker. As a lifelong baker who had to go gluten free and dairy free in 2016, Tiffany strives to share allergen friendly recipes that never feel like they are free from anything.