This post is sponsored by Mr. Spice. All opinions expressed are my own.
Many years ago, there was a wing restaurant in my town that had the best chicken wings in dozens of flavors. On top of that, they also had a 10-cent wing night. I'm not sure how any restaurant could offer wings at 10 cents a piece, but they were always packed. Despite visiting that place almost every week for wings, I have never tried making them at home until now.
When Mr. Spice contacted me about creating a few recipes using their sauces, I thought chicken wings would be a great option. Instead of frying them, as they're usually prepared, I wanted to make a healthier baked option that still comes out crispy and this recipe was born. Enjoy!
Why You'll Love This Baked Chicken Wing Recipe
- It's crispy without being fried.
- It's really easy to make with ingredients you probably already have on hand.
- It can be used with the sauce of your choice.
- It's gluten free and dairy free!
Ingredients In Honey Ginger Chicken Wings
Mr. Spice Ginger Stir-Fry Sauce is the star of this recipe. It has a strong ginger flavor, onion and other spices. Paired with the honey used here, it is delicious.
Plus, Mr. Spice sauce is gluten free, dairy free, sodium free, low cholesterol, and fat free. They use all organic ingredients in their sauces and you can really taste the quality.
How to Make Gluten Free Baked Chicken Wings
Getting the crispy outside on your chicken wings could not be easier.
- Remove your chicken wings from the package and dry them with a paper towel.
- Put the dried chicken wings into a large ziploc bag.
- Add paprika, garlic powder, baking powder and salt.
- Seal the bag. Shake and massage the wings to get them well coated in the mixture.
- Remove the chicken wings from the bag and place them on a baking rack on top of a foil lined baking sheet. Leave a little space between the wings so they can get crispy.
- Bake until crispy, about 40 minutes.
How to Make Smothered Chicken Wings
Place your cooked chicken wings in a bowl. Pour the prepared sauce over the wings.
Stir to coat the wings, or if you're feeling brave give them a few tosses in the air until the wings are smothered with delicious sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions
One pound of wings equals about a dozen wings.
For food safety, you want to bake your wings to a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees. Check the temperature with a meat thermometer inserted at the thickest part of the wing. Take care to avoid the bone.
This recipe calls for baking for about 40 minutes, which resulted in perfectly done wings.
Yes, uncooked chicken wings are just pieces of chicken and should be naturally gluten free.
Take care with your spices and sauces to ensure they are gluten free as well.
If you're looking for more chicken ideas, check out these great recipes!
To pin this recipe for later, click the save button on any image in this post or the recipe card. Please tag me @wellfedbaker on Instagram if you make this recipe!
Honey Ginger Baked Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds Chicken Wings
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- ½ Cup Mr. Spice Ginger Stir-Fry Sauce
- ¼ Cup Honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a baking rack on top of the foil. Spray the wire rack with nonstick spray.
- Remove the chicken wings from the package and dry them with paper towels.
- Add the dried wings to a large ziploc bag.2 pounds Chicken Wings
- Add the paprika, garlic powder, baking powder and salt to the bag.1 teaspoon Paprika, 1 ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder, ¼ teaspoon Salt, 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- Seal the ziploc bag. Shake it around and massage the powder into the chicken wings until they are well coated.
- Remove the wings from the bag and place them on the baking rack, leaving some space in between the wings.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn the wings and then bake another 15-20 minutes or until the wings reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove the wings from the oven and cool them on the pan for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the ginger stir-fry sauce with the honey. Stir until evenly mixed. Reserve ¼ cup of the sauce for dipping.½ Cup Mr. Spice Ginger Stir-Fry Sauce, ¼ Cup Honey
- Transfer the wings to a large bowl.
- Pour the ginger sauce over the wings. Stir them around or toss them a few times to coat the wings. Serve immediately.