For the crust
- 1 Cup GF 1-to-1 Flour I use Bob’s Red Mill
- ¼ Cup Pecan Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- ½ Cup Butter regular or dairy free, cut into ½” cubes
- ¼ Cup Ice Cold Water
- 1 Large Egg beaten & 2 tablespoon Water for egg wash
For praline layer
- ⅓ Cup Pecans chopped
- ⅓ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Butter melted
For the filling
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1-15 ounces can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 7.4 ounces can Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk you can also substitute heavy cream or regular sweetened condensed milk, just use about 1 C
- 2 Tablespoon Bourbon good quality
- 2 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon Cloves
- ¼ teaspoon Ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon Nutmeg
To make the crust
- Combine flour, pecan flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Add in the cubed butter. Coat all the butter with the flour and then begin working it together. I like to gently squish the butter with my fingers. You can also use a pastry cutter. Just make sure your butter stays cold and that you stop when the pieces are pea sized. Add the ice cold water. Work the dough together into a ball. Wrap the dough ball in plastic wrap, flattening it to about 1 inch thick round disk. Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Once the dough has been refrigerated, roll it out to a little larger than a 9” diameter. Place the dough in a pie plate and crimp the edges however you like. Place the prepared shell in the freezer for 15 minutes prior to baking. If it is extra cold, it will help the crimping hold it’s shape.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cover the pie dough with aluminum foil and fill will pie weights. Blind bake for about 15 minutes. Remove the weights and foil and coat the bottom of the crust with egg wash. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
To make the filling
- Prepare the praline: Combine the pecans, sugar & butter in a small bowl. Mix well. Press into the bottom of the prebaked pie crust.
- Combine all of the filling ingredients in a large bowl. Beat well with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour into pie crust (on top of the brown sugar mixture). Jiggle the pie a bit to even the top out.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet. Egg wash the edges of the pie crust. Bake in a 400 degree oven about 45 minutes. If crust begins to get too brown, cover edges with foil. Pie filling should be cooked to about 3 inches from the edges. The center should still be jiggly.
- Remove from oven and cool for 2 hours. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight before serving. Serve at room temperature.
Tiffany is the recipe developer, stylist and food photographer behind Well Fed Baker. As a lifelong baker who had to go gluten free and dairy free in 2016, Tiffany strives to share allergen friendly recipes that never feel like they are free from anything.