This recipe is an oldie for me from my pre-gluten free days. I have always loved them and I don’t know why it’s taken me this long to convert it to being gluten free. I checked and the last time I made them was 2015! That’s way too long to go without these Orange Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies. And did I mentioned, they are filled with big chunks of dark chocolate. It’s an unexpected combo that goes perfectly together.
Gluten Free Cranberry Orange Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 C Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour Blend I use Bob’s Red Mill
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ C Gluten Free Oats
- 2 Tbsp Orange Zest from 1 medium sized orange
- ½ C Coconut Oil
- ½ C Shortening
- ¾ C Sugar
- ¾ C Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ C Orange Juice from 1 medium sized orange
- 1 ½ C Dark Chocolate roughly chopped (or you can use baking chunks)
- 1 C Dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, oats and orange zest. Stir well and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine coconut oil, shortening, sugar and brown sugar. Beat on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for 60 seconds between each addition. Turn mixer to lowest setting and alternate adding the orange juice and flour mixture until all incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Add in the chocolate and cranberries and fold together by hand with a spatula.
- Scoop into golf ball sized balls and place on prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until edges are set. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.