Gluten Free Lemon Poppyseed Waffles
These gluten free & dairy free lemon poppyseed waffles are like little bites of sunshine for breakfastPrint Pin Rate
- 1 ¾ Cup Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour Blend I use Bob's Red Mill
- 3 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 Tablespoon Poppyseeds
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil melted and cooled
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 ½ Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- 2 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice
- Combine the milk and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, lemon zest and poppyseeds. Stir well.
- Separate eggs into yolk and whites in two bowls. Whisk the eggs yolks until frothy. Add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla and milk mixture. Whisk well.
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the flour mixture. Fold together a few times.
- In the second bowl, beat the egg whites until they double in size (do not make meringue, you just want the fluffy). Add the egg whites to the flour mixture. Fold together until incorporated about 10-15 strokes. Do not over mix.
- Heat your waffle iron.
- Cook each batch of waffles 5-7 minutes, until golden brown. Serve immediately.
- Makes 6-8 4 ½ inch Belgian waffles.