- ½ C Hazelnut Flour
- ½ C White Rice Flour
- 2 tablespoon Arrowroot Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ⅔ C Coconut Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Overripe Banana mashed
- ¼ C Chocolate Hazelnut Spread melted (you can also use Nutella if you are not avoiding dairy)
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 tablespoon Non Dairy Milk
- ⅓ C Mini Dark Chocolate Chips plus more for topping
- Turbinado Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, arrowroot, baking powder, xanthum gum, salt, cinnamon and sugar. Mix together thoroughly.
- In a second small bowl, whisk the egg until it is sudsy. Add oil, vanilla and milk. Whisk together. Pour wet ingredients into dry. Add mashed banana, melted nutbutter and ⅓ C chocolate chips. Fold together with a spatula until all is just combined, 15 to 20 strokes. Let sit for 5 minutes before filling muffin cups.
- Line a 6 cup pan with paper cups. Evenly distribute the batter between 6 cups, it will fill all the way to the top. Sprinkle the top of the muffins with more chocolate chips and turbinado sugar.
- Place in preheated oven. After 2 minutes, reduce the heat to 375 degrees. Bake for 25-27 minutes until tops spring back when gently pressed.
- Remove from oven. Serve warm. Store leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate.
Tiffany is the recipe developer, stylist and food photographer behind Well Fed Baker. As a lifelong baker who had to go gluten free and dairy free in 2016, Tiffany strives to share allergen friendly recipes that never feel like they are free from anything.