- 1 Cup + 3 tablespoon GF 1-to-1 Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ⅓ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup + 2 tablespoon Butter Flavored Coconut Oil room temperature
- ¼ Cup Pecans roughly chopped
For the filling
- 4 Tablespoon Butter Flavored Coconut Oil melted
- ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Corn Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Bourbon
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup GF 1-to-1 Flour
- ¾ Cup Pecans roughly chopped
- ¾ Cup DF Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Prepare the crust - in a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. Mix well. Add in the coconut oil and mix together with a fork. Fold in the pecans. Put dough into the prepared dish and spread evenly across the bottom. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the filling. Melt coconut oil in a microwave safe dish. Set aside. In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar and flour. Pour in bourbon and corn syrup. Whisk until well combined. Add the eggs and whisk together. Pour in melted coconut oil and mix until incorporated.
- As soon as the crust is done baking, remove from the oven and pour the filling over. Top with chocolate chips and pecans. Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes. Remove to cooling rack and cool for 2 hours before slicing. Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container.
Tiffany is the recipe developer, stylist and food photographer behind Well Fed Baker. As a lifelong baker who had to go gluten free and dairy free in 2016, Tiffany strives to share allergen friendly recipes that never feel like they are free from anything.