Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
These muffins are quick and easy to make. They are a little more hearty than regular muffins thanks to the oat flour and filled with mini chocolate chips.Print Pin Rate
- ½ Cup Gluten Free Oat Flour
- ½ Cup Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour Blend I use Bob’s Red Mill
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Ripe Banana mashed (should be about ⅓ C)
- ¾ Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 6 cup muffin pan with paper cups.
- Add the flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar to a large bowl. Stir well.
- In a small bowl, crack the egg and whisk it until it’s frothy. Add the oil, milk, vanilla and banana. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Fold together about 15 strokes until all the dry ingredients are incorporated. Add ½ C of the chocolate chips. Fold 3-4 more times until the chips are evenly distributed.
- Fill the muffin cups just to the top. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top of the muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 2 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 375 degrees and bake an additional 23-25 minutes, until the tops spring back when gently poked.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.