Around the holidays, everyone is baking and sharing cookies with family and friends. Whether you're new to the gluten free diet, looking for a recipe to share with someone special or just wanting some new cookie recipes for your collection, you've come to the right place. Cookies are my love language and these recipes are going to make your heart grow three sizes!
- Tips for the best gluten free Christmas cookies
- Classic Christmas Cookies
- Gluten Free Cut Out Sugar Cookies
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies
- Easy Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
- Gluten Free Spritz Cookies
- Gluten Free Slice and Bake Sugar Cookies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Gluten Free Peppermint Meringue Kiss Cookies
- Gluten Free Butter Cookies
- Gluten Free Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies
- Shop for Cookie Supplies
- Gluten Free Spice Cookies
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Nut Cookies
- Gluten Free Chewy Chocolate Ginger Cookies
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Biscotti
- Gluten Free Gingersnaps
- Gluten Free Chocolate Cookies
- Gluten Free Vegan Thin Mints
- Gluten Free Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- Gluten Free Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Salted Brownie Crinkle Cookies
- Gluten Free Brownie Brittle
- Gluten Free Chocolate Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies
- Chocolate Peppermint Snowball Cookies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Marble Cookies
- Gluten Free Glazed Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Shop for Cookie Supplies
- International Christmas Cookies
- Gluten Free Italian Lemon Meltaway Cookies
- Gluten Free Rainbow Cookies
- Zimsterne - German Cinnamon Star Cookies
- Red Velvet Macarons
- Ricciarelli (Italian Almond Biscuits)
- Gluten Free Linzer Cookies
- Gluten Free Czech Gingerbread Cookies
- Christmas German Almond Horns
- Pignoli Cookies
- Gluten Free Vanilla Walnut Crescent Cookies
Tips for the best gluten free Christmas cookies
- Follow the recipe carefully. If it's your first time using a recipe, don't make any substitutions. Cookies have few ingredients, so each one plays an important role in the outcome.
- Measure your ingredients correctly. Weighing ingredients is the most accurate method, but if you prefer using cups and spoons make sure you're using them the right way. One of the most questions I get most often from bakers is why their cookies are dry or hard. Usually the answer is too much flour. Spoon your flour into the measuring cup and level off the top with a knife. Adding too much flour, especially gluten free flour, can quickly dry out your cookie dough.
- If your recipe calls for refrigerating or freezing the dough, don't skip that step! If it's included it's usually to get the dough to the right temperature so it is easier to handle (crinkle cookies), keeps a good shape (sugar cookies), or doesn't spread too much (ginger cookies).
- Let it rest. Even if your dough doesn't required refrigeration, let the dough rest for about 10 minutes before baking. Gluten free flour can take a little longer to absorb liquid and skipping a rest may result in a grainy texture in your cookies.
- Use the right temperature. Make sure your oven is the right temperature by checking it with an oven thermometer. Ovens can be off by 25 degrees or more which can drastically affect a cookie.
- Line your baking pans. I always use parchment paper, but silpats work as well. Skip the grease and the baking spray. Parchment paper will keep cookies from sticking and makes cleanup super easy!
Classic Christmas Cookies
These classic Christmas cookies make the cookie tray every single year. You remember them from childhood and it wouldn't be the holidays without two or three of these old favorites.
Gluten Free Cut Out Sugar Cookies
These perfect cut out sugar cookies stay soft in the center and are sturdy enough for decorating. Perfect for the holidays!
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies
These Gluten-Free Gingerbread Cookies can be baked soft or crispy, and taste even better than the wheat version. Fun for decorating, too!
Easy Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
These cookies don't require rolling pins or cookie cutters, they are just scoop and bake!
Gluten Free Spritz Cookies
If you love making spritz cookies, this EASY gluten free spritz cookie recipe is for you! Using a cookie press to make German Spritz Cookies has never been easier!
Gluten Free Slice and Bake Sugar Cookies
These gluten-free slice and bake sugar cookies are reminiscent of the classic holiday cookies from childhood. Prepare to be impressed with yourself!
Gluten Free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Gluten Free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are a chewy, fudgy treat. In addition to being simply delicious, these chocolate cookies are flourless and Passover friendly! They can even be used safely in hot weather care packages!
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms
These classic Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms are soft peanut butter gluten free cookies topped with a Hershey’s kiss. Peanut butter and chocolate, so deliciously perfect.
Gluten Free Peppermint Meringue Kiss Cookies
Chocolate dipped peppermint meringue kiss Christmas cookies look so elegant but they aren’t hard to make. If you are in the mood to make holiday meringue cookies, you can’t go wrong with these dipped meringue kisses. You will love the flavor combination of meringue, chocolate and candy cane.
Gluten Free Butter Cookies
Watch out because this new gluten-free butter cookies recipe is going to become one of your new favorites! They taste like those famous Danish-style butter cookies that come in those fancy blue tins.
Gluten Free Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
Gluten-free thumbprint cookies made with cassava flour (grain free). They are filled with raspberry jam and drizzled with an almond glaze. Soft and buttery, these cookies make the perfect holiday treat.
Shop for Cookie Supplies
Gluten Free Spice Cookies
There is just something about cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg that makes us all warm and cozy. These perfectly spiced Christmas cookies will bring a smile to your face!
Gluten Free Cinnamon Nut Cookies
These chewy cookies are like a sugar cookie and a snickerdoodle all in one.
Gluten Free Chewy Chocolate Ginger Cookies
These gluten free chewy chocolate ginger cookies are the perfect treat for your holiday cookie tray.
Gluten Free Gingerbread Biscotti
Gluten Free Gingerbread Biscotti are easy to make and so delicious. These biscotti are a must make this holiday season!
Would you enjoy these biscotti with a coffee, espresso or a cup of tea?
Gluten Free Chocolate Cookies
Every season is chocolate season in my book! These chocolate goodies are sure to please the nice and the naughty ones on your list.
Gluten Free Vegan Thin Mints
If you've been missing those delicious minty girl scout cookies, this is the recipe you need!
Gluten Free Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
These gluten free & dairy free cookies perfectly capture the flavor of the southern Red Velvet cake.
Gluten Free Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Any pecan lover is going to go crazy for these pecan chocolate chip cookies. They are filled with pecan flavor thanks to the addition of pecan flour and chopped nuts.
Gluten Free Salted Brownie Crinkle Cookies
These thick, chewy, and super fudgy salted brownie crinkle cookies are the absolute best. They're made with melted chocolate, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips and have beautiful, glossy crinkled tops. They combine the most delicious parts of a brownie and a cookie, require no chill time, and are gluten free.
Gluten Free Brownie Brittle
Gluten Free Brownie Brittle is thin, crispy, crunchy and packed with chocolate fudge flavor. This flour-less treat makes a great Passover cookie!
Gluten Free Chocolate Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
Make the holidays even sweeter with these gluten free Chocolate Candy Cane Kiss Cookies. A chocolate cookie, rolled in sprinkles, topped with a peppermint cane cane kiss.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies
These gluten-free Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies are super quick and easy to make with minimal chill time. They are packed with almond and chocolate flavors and have a delicious chewy yet gooey texture.
Chocolate Peppermint Snowball Cookies
Easy Chocolate Peppermint Snowball Cookies that are made gluten-free with almond flour and sweetened with coconut sugar and organic powdered sugar.
Gluten Free Chocolate Marble Cookies
These chocolate marble cookies are super soft and delicious. They're made with wholesome ingredients and come together in under an hour. They're a simple yet decadent dessert loaded with chocolate chips, perfect for when you can't decide between a sugar cookie or a double chocolate chip cookie!
Shop for Cookie Supplies
International Christmas Cookies
So many delicious Christmas cookie recipes come from around the world. I have a few favorites on this list thanks to my German Grandma. Which ones are favorites for you and which are you excited to try for the first time?
Gluten Free Italian Lemon Meltaway Cookies
These lemon cookies will melt in your mouth. They are tart and sweet thanks to the additional of limoncello and made gluten free and dairy free.
Gluten Free Rainbow Cookies
These gluten-free rainbow cookies are my take on a classic Italian-American treat. These bite-sized cakes are made up of thin layers of sponge cake topped with raspberry jam, apricot preserves, and melted chocolate.
Zimsterne - German Cinnamon Star Cookies
A classic German cookie, Zimsterne, or cinnamon stars, are a must for your holiday cookie trays. Similar to a macaroon, these chewy cut out cookies are made with almonds, egg whites, sugar, and cinnamon. Plus, they're gluten and dairy free.
Red Velvet Macarons
If you're new to macarons, this post has everything you need to know, along with plenty of step-by-step pictures to guide you through the process.
Ricciarelli (Italian Almond Biscuits)
These Italian almond cookies with crispy shells, called Ricciarelli, are made with almond meal, flavoured with orange zest, and are a delicious gluten free Christmas biscuit.
Gluten Free Linzer Cookies
These Gluten-Free Linzer Cookies are the perfect Christmas treat. Made with a gluten-free flour blend and a few other simple ingredients. These are some of the simplest cookies you could make! Keep it simple with one shape or get creative with various ones! These cookies also make a great gift!
Gluten Free Czech Gingerbread Cookies
These Gluten-Free Czech Gingerbread Cookies are very different from your usual American gingerbread and a fun cookie to make if you want to try something new. They're sweetened with honey and full of a lot of warming winter spices. They're dairy-free, gluten-free, and can be made refined sugar-free too!
Christmas German Almond Horns
These almond paste cookies, German Mandelhörnchen or almond horns, are almond-flavored cookies that are dipped in chocolate. They’re dense, chewy and can be made weeks ahead of time!
These pignoli cookies are incredibly quick and easy to make and are a typical Italian cookie with a crisp exterior and chewy interior. They can be made with or without almond paste and there’s even a paleo option.
Tiffany is the recipe developer, stylist and food photographer behind Well Fed Baker. As a lifelong baker who had to go gluten free and dairy free in 2016, Tiffany strives to share allergen friendly recipes that never feel like they are free from anything.
Leave a Comment